Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Surprise for the Old Man


My dear sweet ol grandpa has wanted to go skydiving for years. I learned about his youthful desire when Jeff and I decided to surprise my mom with a skydiving adventure. Grandpa confessed then that he had always wanted to go skydiving.
So because Jason and Ginny had little Ollie to bless in California, and all the family was going to be there, we decided there would be no better time for grandpa. Plus at 82. . .how many more chances could there be:) So with one small purchase of a #1 Grandpa tee we were prepared. We showed up, signed and within twenty minutes from the time we entered the shop we were getting gear on. The place was questionable, but they assured us no one has ever died on a tandem jump. Severely injured was a different story, who was listening anyway. They mumbled something about that while we were signing papers, getting directions and geared up simultaneously. Just take a look at that sign and building in the picture. If that doesn't draw you in what would?
Grandpa, Jeff and Shelly had a great time. Mike and I got motion sick. The car ride we took to go skydiving was also adventuresome. Jeff jumped grandpas car, no really no exaggeration. If you know Jeff and you have seen what he can do you are not too surprised to hear he jumped a Buick. Check Utube under "moab rental jeep and jump" if you have no idea what I am talking about. We also got lead astray by the Garmin. It took us over 2 hours to get there, and less than 1 hour to get home. The garmin lead us to an old flood ravine water bottom, and the whole jumping the car is a totally different jump.
Ollie got blessed that weekend wearing a little white tux with long coat tails I got for the little guy. He was really cute.
We took family pictures, which can make any family look retarded.
What is it about home that makes us eat endless amounts of food we don't really want? It is the same crap stale doritos and wheat thins we could eat anywhere else. Maybe it is the boredom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Rach, Em told me you joined the world of blogging so I had to say Hi. I hope you don't mind :) You are hillarious! I'm glad you all survived the jump. I admire ya. I don't think I could ever do it. Well keep in touch!