Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mount Rushmore to Minneapolis

Mike is in Minneapolis this summer to sell alarm systems for AMP. I decided he needed some company so I invited myself along for the road trip. We left Sunday afternoon and got to Minneapolis on Tuesday around noon. Lets just say we took our sweet little time. We stopped at Mount Rushmore to check it out in real life. Us Americans know how to do it right. It was pretty cool.

Mike had to stop and tow people when the chance presented itself. I think Mike and Jeff drive around sometimes just to find people to tow, or pull out of the mud/snow.

Through Wyoming and South Dakota we saw A LOT of animals. Since Jeff wasn't with us we took the liberty of deciding what they were. We saw Buffalo, white bellied little deer, big deer, llamas, antelope, cantelope, caribou, pheasants, and white eagles. There was some impressive storm moments too. This is a picture of the storm as we were coming out of it.

Lastly we went to the Mall of America when we arrived. And being the mature individuals we are we had to ride the Sponge Bob roller coaster in the mall. The thirty second ride was totally worth the 13 dollars we paid. Look at the happiness on these faces, wouldn't you pay 13 dollars to experience this happiness?

It was a good trip. I don't want to confess how much McDonalds we ate, but I will say that it is a sure foundation when the world is unfamiliar. And if you are a lover of the Golden Arches like I am, you must go to Evanston. They know how to fix things up right out there. It is a 5 star eatery if I ever saw one. I'm hungry, got to go.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are official animal names so don't worry if they seem a little odd to you common folk

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to see the white bellied little deer and the cantelope!

The McClellan Family said...

Hey we just went to the MOA last month! Um again jealous you are a traveling gooru.

TOyler said...

All this blogging lately is great we actually get to see whats going on...

Now, how about seein jeff's AMP softball team pics? I hear they are killers out there!

Emily said...

We don't skimp when it comes to McD's! I think those cantelope ate my flowers.....

Angel said...

Sweet! I'm glad to see you have a blog so I can now look at all the amazing adventures you go on! Your trip to Jerusalem, etc. sounds AWESOME. I want to go there some day! You should for sure try the rainbow cake and chocolate bowls. Both are very easy but super fun to make, and best of all....guests love them! :)