Saturday, August 13, 2011

Working...

Jeff is an amazing guy, nearly perfect may I admit. I can also admit to most of you, because you already know me, I am the cause of most of the drama in our relationship. I have a lot of not so good tendencies and qualities I daily try to change, Jeff on the other hand just peacefully endures my personality and I often find him staring at me with a deer in the headlights look. Jeff has so many qualities that I am slowly trying to acquire. One of the things I am most proud of is his honesty. Lately I have been discovering a little glich in his honesty. For instance a couple of months ago Jeff hurried and kissed me goodbye to go to work. Jeff works indoors, so that night when he had a sunburn I was a little thrown off. I told him he looked sunburned he just shrugged and changed subjects. I didn't think much of it until later that night when one of his friends and I got to talking and Jeffs sunburn can up. Weird I thought. Shamefully Jeff told me that he had actually gone out fishing with a friend that day, not directly to work. Now looking back on it I have to laugh. Especially because Jeff hunts for at least a month of every year, so it's not like I would say no to an afternoon of fishing. So I think he learned his lesson that day, and put a bottle of sunblock in his truck.
So staying on theme Jeff spends quite a bit of time in his home office working. Apparently working has a very broad range of definitions for Jeff. I often find him checking the weather throughout the country, looking to see if he drew any tags, buying kids toys online, and all of this makes me laugh. But nothing made me laugh harder than this. Jeff went in his office to handle a few work things before bed, so I went to start may nightly routine of creams and soaps and scrubs and everything I can buy to ward off the wrinkles. Well I got to thinking about Jeff sitting in his office doing work and I got this great idea to creep up on him and see what exactly work was. This is what I found. 



Seriously tell me you are laughing as hard as I was? I about died. He is looking at a 3D view of the salt lake mountains. Don't worry their were two pair off glasses included with the book. So Jeff kindly let me work with him.
Lastly in defense of Jeff's honesty which now you may be questioning. In Jeff's mind hunting, fishing, getting ez a good toy online, knowing the weather and news, those are all included in what he feels is work. Those are all things he has to do. It honestly in his mind is just as important to kill a big elk this year, as it is to bring home a pay check. So I guess I should say, "Jeff I love you for all your hard work".

1 comment:

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

lol. i love reading all your blog posts, but this one was especially funny! mainly because it reminds me of Doyle too. I love that he was looking at that 3-D book!