Friday, August 20, 2010

Girls Trip to Salmon Idaho

The gals needed to get out so I planned us a little trip. I can't tell you how many times I got asked, "Are we almost there?" Apparently they didn't plan on a six hour drive, well I guess 7 hour drive since we ran into the mudlake parade and had to detour around the town. But we made it. We stayed in a cute little cabin.


The next morning we met up with Rawhide Outfitters to do a little rafting. If anyone wants to go fishing, rafting, hunting or horseback riding I would recommend these guys. We had a blast. I don't know who was more amused, Luke our guide, or us four girls. I think Luke quickly found out we were pretty useless when it came to rowing, but quite helpful if he was interested in pedicures, makeup, and skinny jeans. It was hilarious to see his face when we told him we didn't know how to skin a bobcat. I think he thought it was common knowledge to know how to trap rodents. Apparently it is quite easy to skin an animal, just be careful around the eyelids or else they can tear, and apparently there is some money in it too. Who knew a bobcat coat was worth a few hundred dollars? That is what we learned.

The next day we took a hike up to the natural hot springs. Luke told us it was a two mile hike. He also said, "Now if you girls were 280 lbs I wouldn't tell you to go". Now let me tell you, there is a huge difference between country folk and us four girls. We took off for the hot pots in our swim suits. About a mile in Jamie and Emily tried to sacrifice Shelly and I. This is what happened. On the river we saw a couple bears, so on the hike we of course were thinking we were going to be eaten by bears. So there was some rummaging around in the trees about a mile in. I was in front, Shelly, Jamie then Emily. Before I knew it Emily had me by the arm and was pushing me back towards the tree,s Jamie had passed Shelly and was doing the same. It turned out to just be a cow. Shelly of course is scared of killers and rapists because she watches too many crime shows, so she had a gun on her every night. She even went through how it was going to go down if someone broke into our cabin. Here is a direct quote, "Just assume you are already dead because he is probably going to kill us, so scream and fight, don't let him tie us up". She is quite amusing. Luckily she didn't have the gun on the hike or else we would be eating A LOT of beef.
So after that we thought we were probably pretty close to the hot springs. But in fact we weren't. They were basically up the canyon, straight up the canyon might I add. So when we finally got there, all hot, sweaty and tired we really didn't feel like getting into the hot springs. That is the difference between us girls and country folk. Just because Luke's two year old can pack an elk head and two days rations to the hot pots, doesn't mean us girls can make it there without some major complaining and near death experiences. So I guess the trip can be summed up with, "Are we almost there?"

When I took this picture we didn't yet know there were some naked hippies hanging out in the hot springs just below us. YIKES is all I have to say. How come the more clothing you should be wearing, the less clothing you actually wear? It was NOT a pretty sight. I would rather see Santa naked.

We had a blast, thanks husbands for watching the kids and letting us gals out. We had a ton of fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

shelly and her killers...lol

Emily said...

You forgot to give the disclaimer about the fleece! Good pics...that was fun. thanks again!

MiShelle said...

Cute. Now I wish I'd gone!!!! How'd you survive away from the babe anyhow? Looks like so much fun- can you plan another one? With a little more notice?

jamie said...

Jen, It was awesome...thanks for planning it! And the cow...it could have passed for a bear..lol