Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sun Valley Vacation

Jeff and I had a really awesome get away for four nights. It was pure bliss. We went up to Stanley, Redfish Lake, and Sun Valley Idaho. My mom watched Ezra at her parents and Ezra stayed busy keeping grandma and the great grandparents entertained. We camped out two nights and stayed in hotels for two nights. We got massages, ate out, biked, swam, hiked, and just goofed around. The old Prius even did a little off road, it didn't do real hot, but it did what it had to.  



This is a picture of our picnic at Bench lakes by redfish lake. We hiked out to them. Apparently the mosquitoes have found their way out there too. And since Jeff and I were the only mammals there, the mosquitoes had a hay day. Luckily we had the Off and I was spraying like nobodies business. Them skeeters didn't see me coming.

Our picnic photo.

Then it decided to rain on us. And it kept the mosquitoes off, which was nice since I think they are immune to Off repellent. 


One of our camping spots. I know pretty classy.

This is a picture of the worst idea Jeff has ever had. He took me mountain biking and since I haven't been on a bike since about second grade it was very sketchy. We took the gondola up to the top of Sun Valley resort and took the single track down (I'm all lingo cool now). I was a little nervous since we got asked twice on the way up the gondola how much experience we had biking. I lied and I lived to tell about it. So from now on I'm throwing caution to the wind, I'm not getting any younger.


This is a picture of my husband catching grasshoppers. I know you may have been confused, I understand. I would have thought it was a child catching bugs, but no, it is a grown man, and I married him. And I admit that proudly.

This is the Silver Creek River, which is the River Jeff named his business after. It is truly beautiful. We couldn't drive by without stopping. And we actually spent a good amount of time looking for fish, and we saw a huge Trout! It was awesome.

Jeff with his grasshopper and beside his river.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

I love reading about your adventures. You always come out with some pretty awesome stories. I'm glad you guys were able to get away. Once the kids come trips like that are absolutely necessary once in a while.