I thought I understood men, but clearly I underestimated them. Well maybe I just underestimated what they think of themselves.
So a few days ago we are reading a book together and it is going on and on about all these men who just keep on going to battle until it is the last man standing. As a woman I am baffled. Why would people just keep fighting for no reason at all? So I looked to my husband and asked him, "Would you like fighting, like if there was a war would you want to go fight in it?" He paused and then responded with all seriousness, "Yeah, I think all guys think, I would be a good fighter." Really? All guys believe, against all reasonable rational thought processes, that they indeed would probably be the last man standing? I had no idea. . .
So I kinda made fun of jeff for a few days, making random comments about how he could probably beat up everyone infront of us in the Costco line, or everyone at church, you know the usual Jen barrage. It is amazing he ever says anything infront of me. And then I forgot about it. I forgot about it until last night. When Jeff one upped himself:
Jeff is sick, and when Jeff is sick he self medicates with one of everything in the medicine closet. Yesterday he thought to combine benadryl with sudafed. So last night he was telling me how tired he was because of the benadryl. And I guess he didn't think I was grasping how truly tired he had been all day, so he told me a hypothetic story to make sure I got it. "I was so tired today that I felt like I was in a haze while working at my desk. Like if a car came crashing through the wall, I wouldn't have been able to jump out of the way." I could not stop laughing. Apparently Jeff thinks, that on a normal day, he can jump out of the way of vehicles that crash through walls infront of him. Seeing as I could not stop laughing, I have not had time to further question him about this thought process. Like how he got hit by a car on his mission. Why didn't he just jump out of the way? And maybe I will leave this one alone. Instead I will just blog about it...and leave it in your responsible capable hands to bring Jeff back to reality.
Sometimes it is tough being such a good wife, and knowing when to let things go. He really is such a cute guy.
3 comments:
Ahhh Jen you crack me up. So I'm guessing Ez gave Jeff whatever he had. I hate how that happens so that someone in the family is always sick.
Hahahaha. I DO think Jeff could beat up most ppl... Mike and I have discussed this AT LENGTH!
He's low, and strong, and agile.
As far as jumping out of the way of a car... bhahahahahahaha.
Husbands are hilarious.
You are too funny. Wit unmatched by anyone. I think Jeff should be grateful his wife is quick enough to make so much fun of him. It's a knack and not all have it. On a serious note, Jeff has always seemed tough to me. Ever since I saw him do the backflip on the wake board. It's like he's got the surprise factor. You don't expect it from him but BAM. He's a tough sucker, and totally in shape underneath that insulation.
Post a Comment