Since Mike isn't working or going to school this semester he is dedicating himself to snowmobiling. I have learned a lot. . .like it isn't called snowmobiling, it is sledding. And you don't just leave the exhaust stock, you have to shorten the length and then run it out the bottom, this makes it more powerful and louder. Both of which are cool. And you insure your sled just like you insure a car, because apparently these sled things cost as much as my car. Who Knew?
Well this last Saturday Jeff and mike set off to go sledding.
On a seemingly unrelated subject, Jeff is always late. That is one thing I can count on. Despite his valiant effort, the world combines against him and thwarts his every attempt to be on time. When can I can count on him being on time? When he goes out to do anything extreme with Mike. Between the two of them it is a guarantee someone will get hurt, usually about an hour or two into the trip, and they will be home. So Jeff is almost home early when he ventures out with Mike.
Well on Saturday the inevitable happened. Mike was riding along and out of nowhere dislocated his shoulder when he expectantly hit a bump. Which then caused him to fall off in pain. And then his sled went down the hill and crashed into a tree. Then I got the phone call wondering how to put Mikes shoulder back in place. . . I told Jeff to Google it. Finally after about a half hour of Mike being in excruciating pain and Jeff reading up on how to put his shoulder in place, Jeff played doctor to poor Mike and put his shoulder back in place.
When Mike came home we had to bandage him up with some ice. Ezra felt left out so we had to do the same for him.

Just another great day out sledding:
upon closer inspection you find
Jen: Jeff what happened in this photo?
Jeff: My pants got caught in the snowmobile.
Mind you while he answered this he looked at me like duh, this happens to everyone sooner
or later.
Jen: And how did that happen?
Jeff: The snowmobile flipped and rolled over me and somehow when we stopped moving my pants were caught in the belt and I couldn't get them out.
During this explanation I got the same look as before: like this is a daily occurrence in most peoples lives, and why am I asking these dumb questions when it is obvious how it happened.
Jen: So how did you get them out?
Jeff: No one could pull them out of the belt so as a last resort they helped me take off my pants.
Suddenly Jeff's explanation was a little more quiet as he had to admit the guys had to take his pants off.
Sledding sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it? So I guess if you like sledding you have to decide, would I rather have my shoulder dislocated for a half hour and cause 4000$ worth of damage to my sled, and not be able to use my arm from weeks afterward? Or would I rather have someone else take my pants off for me while I sit in the snow tethered to the sled. And then for weeks after have a badly bruised hip and be missing a good chunk of skin and flesh from your left buttock? Because apparently you have to keep riding until something bad happens. Only then can you go home. For Mike and Jeff they always have to decide which injury is going to be bad enough for them to call it a day. For me the decision is easy. I am done snowmobiling before I even start. I avoid snowmobiles and never ever under any circumstance ride them.
3 comments:
Oh, I love it. I'm laughing aloud...solo mind you. I'll be sure Jesse reads this when he gets home. He'll love it too. Just last week he got flipped of the "sled" and came home with a terrible headache. Claims getting thrown came out of nowhere but I'm beginning to wonder how they manage this. I think if we were on a sled, we'd have no trouble staying on. Men. Show offs.
P.S. the pic with Ez's arm bandaged is going to make my whole day.
Oh the life of sledding. I'm laughing so hard. Love reading your posts.
The picture of Ezra is so stinking cute. He's getting so big.
Post a Comment