First Arrived! AWESOME WEATHER
We mainly went there to scuba dive. There was lots to see. And remarkably we all went everyday and came home without any stings, burns or bites. This is Jeff sorting our gear in front of our dive boat.

To mix it up we did the tourist canopy tour. It was fun. Ziplines are always a good time. I'm not sure why it is something we decide to do when we go to third world countries, but we do.
Jeff and Eric playing in the pool.
This was the scariest part of the whole trip. WE went horse back riding. Let me sum it up. THE MOST TERRRIFYING 45 MINUTES OF MY LIFE. Michelle convinced me to go, I didn't want to. She told me I would probably get some horse named glue stick, or dog food. So I went thinking, "if Shelly wasn't worried about it, then there can't be a single thing to worry about." (If you know Shelly at all you would understand this. She is a CONSTANT WORRIER. It would be quicker for me to tell you about the things she doesn't worry about than it would be to tell you the things she does worry about. The whole time we were in Honduras she was worried about some one taking a boat from the mainland to the island we were staying on, and murdering everyone). So if Shelly isn't worried about horses, then there is obviously no rational reason for me to be worried. So horseback riding I went.
When we showed up Shelly acted panic stricken and when the cute ol Honduran man saw her worry he helped her onto the nicest horse. And I guess that wasn't enough for her because after further conversation with her he took her rope and tied it to his horse and rode along side her the whole time. Eric got the next best horse and enjoyed himself running up and down the beach. Apparently he is a real cowboy and this was like his 300th time on a horse.
Jeff and I, well we had a whole different situation going on. Some girls from the resort had gone horseback riding early and they warned us not to get Burt. So as we each mounted our horses we made sure our horses weren't named Burt. Jeff was told his horse was named some crazy spanish word (now looking back it probably means: wild some of a *&$#@). But since they didn't say Burt we trusted them. . . Boooooo for trusting Hondurans. About two minutes into the ride Jeffs horse on his own accord decides takes off in a dead sprint, only stopping to kick and then continuing to sprint off with Jeff bobbing around and hanging on for dear life. Meanwhile Shelly is on her own escorted tour with the guide and they stop in awe to watch Jeff's wild ride. Michelle says that when Jeff's horse went running her guide said, "Oh no that Burt is Crazy! Do you think that boy okay? Oh no he is really going. Oh no he not stopping. I hope he know how to hold on." Apparently Jeff got Burt, and Burt lived up to his reputation.
My horse was great compared to Jeff's. Luckily we all lived and I learned my lesson. Horses are not my thing. Or Jeff's I suppose.
Meet Burt
Me wishing I were done. But unfortunately the ride had just started
Michelle Enjoying herself on her peaceful horseback ride. Even giving a thumbs up.
It was romantic at sunset.

There were tons of animals there. We got to hold monkeys and and see all sorts of crazy animals there. Jeff getting an up close Smell.... I mean look.
So Jeff and Eric were always busy looking around the dock for lobsters, crabs, octopus.... You name it.
One day I looked over the dock and said to Jeff, "Oh sick look someone got in and walked around...." And I just kept going on because it was so gross. I should have known better because of course Jeff sheepishly looks at me and says, "Those are my footprints." He is hilarious. Later that night we went back to find a huge sea urchin right in the middle of one of his foot prints. Luckily he didn't get stung. Which is amazing because usually he does.

Here is a clip from our Hawaii trip of what usually happens when Jeff gets in the ocean. I just love this clip...
3 comments:
Your trip sounds like it was a blast!! And I loved reading about your horseback riding adventures. And your description of Shelley and her worrying. I'm glad you guys had a good time. And I remember the Hawaii thing. Didn't he have to go to the ER or Dr? Good times, good times.
I don't know how I'm just getting around to reading this but I laughed out loud for like 10 minutes. I was trying to read it aloud to Eric but couldn't continue. THIS WAS THE BEST TRIP EVER!! I also liked how you noted my manipulation of the Honduran to get my personal tour... and GlueStick. :)
I always love to hear about your adventures, you are hilarious!! I hope Jeff's finger healed well :) And I'm glad you guys had a great time! Miss ya!
Post a Comment