These two kids of mine are keeping me very busy. Jeff has been a good sport about all the pain he has been in. Ezra is not very patient with Jeff. Not at all. We have discovered You Tube videos of tractors, backhoes, excavators and trucks to keep Ezra happy and sit with Jeff. Ezra hated the hospital, but Jeff missed his little man a lot, so I brought up doughnuts and tractor videos so Jeff could spend some time with him.
Since Jeff has been home he has not moved a whole lot from the couch. He did make his way to the church yesterday, a long slow adventure, and that is the furthest he has made it from home. He was exhausted and grey in color from the outting. He just doesn't look the right color sometimes. This surgery has really kicked the crap out of him. The picture above is Jeff and Ezra both drinking chocolate milk together. . . and yes, Jeff is drinking it from a sippy cup. I think he has been digressing and competing with Ezra for attention. Next thing I know he is going to be bed wetting. You guys do not even want to know how Jeff has solved the problem of having to get up to the bathroom at night. Lets just say I found a large bucket next to the couch this morning. And it was surprisingly full. I don't even want to know where this road is headed. Like the first day Jeff was in the hospital he was in shorts and a tee. Next day, shorts and undershirt. Day after that, just undercloths. Next day gown only. The day after that, (you can guess where this is headed) I walk into Jeff's hospital room to help him up to the bathroom for the morning. . . nothing on. Not one ounce of clothing. The hospital does crazy things to people. I guess you should take this as a warning: It is probably best to call before stopping by.
Ezra has turned his attention to vacuuming with his new vacuum. He spends a lot of time vacuuming the house. If he isn't vacuuming he is getting the big vacuum out, grabbing me by the hand, says, "you turn" and he jumps on the couch. This means he wants to sit and watch me vacuum. It is slightly disturbing. A long time ago I blogged about Jose (one of my first blog postings) I can't help but wonder if Ezra read it, and now he feels he must outdo Jose for our love.

2 comments:
Hahahaha. I love the little vacuum! Poor Jeff... I really feel for him. I mean, I think I do... but I've never broken a hip...
I hope you're hanging in there... I wish I could help.
You're so funny. I love all of it. And, yes, I will call if I stop by.
Post a Comment